Published: July 27, 2004
Revised: September 17, 2019
Personal Information Protection Policy
Shimadzu Corporation (hereafter, Shimadzu) and Shimadzu Oceania recognizes the importance of personal information, and we consider it our obligation to properly protect personal information that we may acquire. Shimadzu addresses this obligation by adhering to the following policies.
1. Providing Personal Information
When personal Information is provided to our company, its use (purpose, range of use, Shimadzu contact) will be disclosed, specified, or explained through notification either beforehand or immediately upon its submission.
If there is a change in the use of this information, Shimadzu will provide notification or public disclosure to that effect.
2. Management of Personal Information
Shimadzu has established an administrative provision for handling personal information, and this organisation ensures the security of, and the prevention of leaks, loss or damage to the entrusted information.
Shimadzu does not disclose personal information to third parties, except in the following instances:
- • When permission has been explicitly granted by the offering individual.
- • When a sub-contractor who has concluded a non-disclosure agreement with our company beforehand is consigned personal information in part or in entirety in a range necessary for achieving the intended purpose.
- • When it is required by a court of law, etc.
- • When disclosed so that personal identification is not possible
When personal information is consigned to a third party, appropriate supervision implemented through contractual obligation, etc. ensures that there is no leakage or re-offering of the entrusted information.
3. Handling of Personal Information
Personal information will be handled according to the use specified, disclosed or notified, or according to the permission granted.
Personal information received in the normal course of business, such as from business cards, etc, or from the internet, official journals, government records, etc., and personal information obtained from inquiries, applications for documents requests, seminars, etc., will be used only when it is necessary to contact you directly. It may also be used for product guidance and services, as well as for surveys.
4. Personal Information Sharing between Shimadzu Group Businesses and Representatives
Personal information acquired by Shimadzu group businesses may be shared among Shimadzu subsidiaries and representative agencies. In addition, personal information acquired by from cooperative enterprises (including vendors, contract manufacturers, various service providers, etc.) may also be shared with Shimadzu subsidiaries.
When sharing personal information, non-disclosure agreements between Shimadzu and representative agencies are implemented to prevent the leakage and re-offering of entrusted information.
5. Contacts for Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
A. Contact information regarding personal information usage confirmation, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, cessation of offering, and complaints, etc, are as noted below:
- • Contacts-Shimadzu Corporation IT Center1, Nishinokyo-Kuwabarcho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-8511, Japan Telephone: 81(75)823-1278, Fax: 81(75)823-2091
- • Shimadzu Oceania, Unit E&F, 10-16 South Street Rydalmere, New South Wales 2116
- • Sydney, Australia Telephone: (02)9684 4200 / 1 800 800 950, Fax: (02)9684 4055
Note that details of the inquiry maybe forwarded to the person in charge of the particular matter in question.
(Methods of Acceptance): Telephone, Fax, E-mail, Postal Mail
B. Inquiries will be limited to the individual in question only, or an authorised representative of the individual. Further confirmation may be required that the individual or the individual's representative making the inquiry is the one whose information is in question.
There are specific areas of our website(s) that use a programming function known as 'cookies', which record information about your visit to our website on your hard drive. This is NOT considered a security risk, and only records information that you provide us. This information is NOT available to other websites. It is uniquely yours and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.
Changes to the Privacy Statement