Published: July 27, 2004
Revised: July 13, 2005
Personal Information Protection Policy
Shimadzu Corporation (hereafter, Shimadzu) and Shimadzu Oceania recognizes the importance of personal information, and we consider it our obligation to properly protect personal information that we may acquire. Shimadzu addresses this obligation by adhering to the following policies.
1. Providing Personal Information
- When personal Information is provided to our company, its use (purpose, range of use, Shimadzu contact) will be disclosed, specified, or explained through notification either beforehand or immediately upon its submission.
- If there is a change in the use of this information, Shimadzu will provide notification or public disclosure to that effect.
2. Management of Personal Information
- Shimadzu has established an administrative provision for handling personal information, and this organization ensures the security of, and the prevention of leaks, loss or damage to the entrusted information.
- Shimadzu does not disclose personal information to third parties, except in the following instances.
- When permission has been explicitly granted by the offering individual.
- When a sub-contractor who has concluded a non-disclosure agreement with our company beforehand is consigned personal information in part or in entirety in a range necessary for achieving the intended purpose.
- When it is required by a court of law, etc.
- When disclosed so that personal identification is not possible
3. Handling of Personal Information
- Personal information will be handled according to the use specified, disclosed or notified, or according to the permission granted.
- Personal information received in the normal course of business, such as from business cards, etc, or from the internet, official journals, government records, etc., and personal information obtained from inquiries, applications for documents requests, seminars, etc., will be used only when it is necessary to contact you directly. It may also be used for product guidance and services, as well as for surveys.
4. Personal Information Sharing between Shimadzu Group Businesses and Representatives
- Personal information acquired by Shimadzu group businesses may be shared among Shimadzu subsidiaries and representative agencies. In addition, personal information acquired by from cooperative enterprises (including vendors, contract manufacturers, various service providers, etc.) may also be shared with Shimadzu subsidiaries.
- When sharing personal information, non-disclosure agreements between Shimadzu and representative agencies are implemented to prevent the leakage and re-offering of entrusted information.
5. Contacts for Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
- Note that details of the inquiry maybe forwarded to the person in charge of the particular matter in question.
- (Methods of Acceptance): Telephone, Fax, E-mail, Postal Mail
- There are specifics areas of our website(s) that use a programming function known as 'cookies', which record information about your visit to our website on your hard drive. This is NOT considered a security risk, and only records information that you provide us. This information is NOT available to other websites. It is uniquely yours and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.
Changes to the Privacy Statement